Tuesday, August 20, 2013

1st DOS 2013

Date:  August 19, 2013
Place:  Stuart, FL
Time:  Early Morning
Mission:  Get 3 Kids Up & To School On Time


Every one in the house slept very little the night before the first day of school.  Lindsey woke up s-l-o-w-l-y, taking her time to acclimate to the new routine, while Victoria popped out of bed like hot toast! She was off like a shot!  Apparently I pulled her string because she never stopped talking the entire morning!

I went to check on Amanda WAY earlier than she needed to get up & she was laying in bed, her face a-glow, by her iPod.  She was not exactly looking forward to the day.  She moaned & grumbled all morning... so some things never change!

After L & V had breakfast & got ready for the day in a super timely way... we took some pics & were off to meet the bus.  Since today is technically day 2 of school I'll let you know we are currently 50-50 for catching the bus on time.  Yep... we missed the bus on the 2nd day of school!!  hahaha


Look who's ready for 2nd Grade!

My camera started fogging up from the heat & humidity outside.

All set and ready to go!

Styling it up for the 4th Grade!

Trying to show off all her snazzy school stuff!

I think Linds is over the photo shoot!

Now for biggin's turn!  Amanda woke up WAY earlier than she had to.  She didn't sleep so much anticipating her first day of HIGH SCHOOL!  I'm super excited for her to start this chapter of her life. After finally getting all her stuff together after over an hour of grumbling and mumbling and moaning and piddling her morning away on tumblr she was ready to go!  Amanda has lucked out this year.  She doesn't have to ride the morning bus to school since she gets to ride with her bestie, Leah & her (driving) brother Mitch!  Woo hoo!  I'm sharing driving responsibilities until Mitch finishes Cross Country this year.  So I take the Tuesday / Thursday shift to take the girls to school.

Just needs her flip flops!

Glowing!

For anyone who doesn't know... I started a tradition when Amanda finished her first day of kindergarten.  After I picked her up from school we drove too Baskin Robbins for ice cream!  And every year after we've done that.  Victoria was sure to remind me of the after school plans for that day!  I promised Amanda if she got through the day without killing someone she could get a double scoop!  haha  It was extra yummy for her considering two school buses broke down blocking both exit lanes from school & she was delayed over an hour getting home!

Finally!  Our reward for surviving our first day of the school year!

So there you have it!  Our first day of school is under our belt!

3 comments:

  1. Victoria had Oreo Cookies n Cream, Linds had Double Chocolate Fudge & Manda had Cookie Dough. I got it working! woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like everyone had a great first day of school! And so cute too. Love, Meema

    ReplyDelete